MASCOT spring cylinder linear actuator is a powerful, high-performance pneumatic actuator, which provides positive throttling or on-off operation to pneumatic control valves. Uniquely designed compact sized cylinders actuators accept supply pressures up to 150 psi, making very high thrusts available in a relatively compact unit. The basic 4 sizes cater to almost 85% of a plant’s requirement hence reducing the inventory & cost of maintenance spares.
The MASCOT spring cylinder linear actuator is fully field reversible for air to open or air to close action without additional parts; a spring provides reliable fail-safe operation.
Air is supplied to both the sides of the piston by the positioner providing very stiff and precise movement along with very high frequency response.
- High thrust cylinder:operating pressure of 150 psi (10.3 Bar) permitting substantially higher thrust capabilities than diaphragm actuators. Tighter valve shutoff.
- High Frequency Response: Double-acting configuration responds quickly to signal changes.
- Lightweight & Compact: Substantially lighter and more compact than comparable linear diaphragm actuators. Offers ease of maintenance.
- Wide choice: • Four basic actuator sizes 25, 50 and 100 & 200 can handle thrust requirements for over 85 percent of valve sizes in a plant.
- Least number of parts: 33% less parts than diaphragm actuators. Cost of wearing parts is 10% than compared to diaphragm actuators allowing low spare parts inventory and maintenance costs.
- Excellent Positioning Accuracy: Powerful pneumatic stiffness allows a high pressure drop without plug slamming onto the seat due to air volume between the piston and the bottom of the cylinder.
- Low Air Consumption: Cylinder design uses less supply air than comparable diaphragm actuators.
- Longer Stroke: Longer strokes provide better process control. Size 25 spring cylinder linear actuators have a 11/2-inch (38 mm) stroke, in contrast to a 3/4-inch (19 mm) stroke on a comparable linear diaphragm actuator. Larger actuators have similar comparisons; stroke lengths are available up to 24 inches. This increases the rangability of MASCOT Control Valves.
- Field Reversible: Failure mode is easily reversed without additional parts. Reduces inventory costs.
- No Pressure Regulator Required: Cylinder actuators easily handle air supplies up to 150 psi (10.3 Bar) without a pressure regulator and can be operated with as little as 30 psi (2.1 Bar).
- Simple Maintenance: Periodic maintenance is easy to perform since the spring cylinder actuator only requires the removal of three parts to access all internal parts.